STAHY2022 – 12th International Workshop on Statistical Hydrology
17-20 September 2022, Hotel Parco Torre Chia, Chia, Sardinia (Italy)
The International Commission on Statistical Hydrology (ICSH) of the International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS) invites researchers to submit abstracts for presentation at the 12th International Workshop on Statistical Hydrology (STAHY2022), which will be hosted by the University of Cagliari in Chia, Sardinia (Italy), 17-20 September 2022.
STAHY2022 workshop will bring together experts and young scientists alike for vibrant scientific discussions and debates on advanced statistical methods for hydrological applications. New insights and new approaches to characterize hydrological processes considering climate and global changes, inter- and intra-annual variability, statistical projections, and seasonal predictions are particularly welcome. Possible themes of interest are (but not limited to):
- Characterization and modeling of extreme hydrological and meteorological events, including e.g.: flood and precipitation frequency analysis, analysis of compound extremes, hydrological design and risk assessment with event based and continuous simulation approaches;
- Hydrological forecasting and nowcasting, including e.g.: data assimilation techniques, methods to merge different forcings, characterization of different sources of uncertainty;
- Drought characterization and forecasting, including e.g.: methods for drought frequency estimation and intensity identification, monitoring and early warning of drought events;
- Frontiers in hydrology, such as statistical applications to socio-hydrology and eco-hydrology, rainfall-triggered landslides;
- Hydrological applications based on big data, including,e.g.: data mining techniques, information theory, artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques;
- Scaling approaches in hydrology, fractals and multifractals.
Expression of Interest: If you are interested in participating to the workshop, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at your earlier convenience, under the subject “Expression of Interest for STAHY2022”, including your name, surname and contact details (i.e. affiliation, and email). We will be keeping you updated with the latest workshop news (dates, venue, deadlines, agenda, accommodation options, etc.)
- 15 April – Abstract Submission Deadline (extended)
- 18 April – SYSTA Travel Grant Application Deadline
- 16 May – Early Bird Registration Deadline
- 1 August – Registration Deadline for Presenting Authors
- 1 September – Registration Deadline for all Participants