The 19th International Conference on
“Is a smart city really smart?”
in conjunction with
The 2019 International Conference on Computational
Science and its Applications (ICCSA 2019)
July 1st – July 4th 2019
Saint Petersburg University,
These new ongoing processes aims to facilitate good urban strategies, policies, and short and long-term actions, by triggering a greater economic, social, and environmental sustainability.
Focusing on urban government and smart city inventiveness, this workshop may critically explore (but is not limited) these relevant issues:
1) How to expand the knowledge of the political machinery that is behind the conceptualisation, implementation and development of so-called smart cities.
2) How can we govern current and future urban trends, enhancing the dynamic synergies between the materialand immaterial data of a city (big data, IoT/IoE, sensor networks, blockchain,etc.)
3) How can we govern the urban and regional relationships without compromising urban-land synergies (between the city and the territory), also in term of mobility and of distributive logistics.
4) How to investigate on appropriated governance models and tools in order to trigger virtuous behaviours, suitable in dynamic cities.
6) Reflect on the relations between advance technology (ICT in particular) and human – place relations in to-date urban environment
7) How can we govern the urban and regional relationships between advanced technology and metamorphosis smart city (competitiveness, cohesion, conservation, …)
8) Reflect on the relations between advance technology and the hyper strategic planning in the smart city
Individuals and groups should submit complete papers (10 to 16 pages).
Accepted contributions will be published in the Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) volumes
Please adhere strictly to the formatting provided in the template to prepare your paper and refrain from modifying it.The submitted paper must be camera-ready and formatted according to the rules of LNCS. For formatting information, see the publisher’s web site(http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0).Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper.
papers should be submitted at:
please don’t forget to select ” Is a smart city really smart? Models, solutions, proposals for an effective urban and social development SMART-CITIES” workshop from the drop-down list of all workshops.
Papers accepted to Is a smart city really smart? Models, solutions, proposals for an effective urban and social development SMART-CITIES” will be published in the ICCSA Conference proceedings, in Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series, with doi, indexed by WOS, Scopus and DBLP.
15 March 2019: Deadline for full paper submission
31 March 2019: Notification of acceptance
6 May 2019: Deadline for Camera Ready Papers
2-5 July, 2019: ICCSA 2019 Conference
Chiara Garau – email@example.com (University of Cagliari)
Paola Zamperlin – firstname.lastname@example.org (University of Florence)
Ginevra Balletto – email@example.com (University of Cagliari)
Giuseppe Borruso – firstname.lastname@example.org (University of Trieste)
Beniamino Murgante – email@example.com (University of Basilicata)
Federico Amato, University of Basilicata, Italy
Alessandro Aurigi, University of Plymouth, United Kingdom
Margherita Azzari, University of Florence, Italy
Ginevra Balletto, University of Cagliari, Italy
Giuseppe Borruso, University of Trieste
Tanja Congiu, University of Sassari, Italy
Federico Cugurullo, University of Dublin, Ireland
Chiara Garau, University of Cagliari, Italy
Beniamino Murgante, University of Basilicata, Italy
Enrica Papa, University of Westminster, London, United Kingdom
Francesco Pinna, University of Cagliari, Italy
Alessandro Plaisant, University of Sassari, Italy
Francesco Scorza, University of Basilicata, Italy
Anastasia Stratigea, University of Athens – NTUA
Katharine Willis, University of Plymouth, United Kingdom
Paola Zamperlin, University of Florence, Italy
Corrado Zoppi, University of Cagliari, Italy