HOW TO GET
Once you reach the Cagliari Elmas airport (IATA:CAG) you have three option to reach the city center where the congress will be held:
Option 1 (by train): The airport is easily accessible by train from Cagliari and all major Sardinian cities thanks to the ‘Elmas Aeroporto’ railway station.
- The rail service starts at about 5 am and ends after 9 pm with 20 minutes average frequency
- The journey to and from downtown takes around 5-7 minutes, single fare is €1.30
- Tickets are sold by Trenitalia online, or at the vending machines (located both in the Arrivals area of the air terminal and inside the train station), or by official or authorized dealers
- The airport train station is just a 5-minute walk from the terminal
Option 2 (by local bus): The bus services offered at the airport are comfortable and convenient, and it is only a ten minute journey between the airport and Piazza Matteotti.
- Buses travel from Cagliari every half an hour. The ARST Bus Station is nearby the train station in Downtown Cagliari, in Piazza Matteotti.
- Cagliari buses stop outside the terminal building. One is located outside the arrivals area, and is indicated by a blue and white ARST sign, and another is situated outside the departures area, and is indicated by the word ‘Bus’ printed in yellow on the roadside.
- A single, one-way bus ticket to Cagliari will cost 0.67€, and bus tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus, as they are not sold on the bus itself.
- Passengers can buy tickets at the airport, or at newsstands (one floor below the Departures level). The first bus leaves the airport at 08:40, and the last bus departs at 23:30.
- Check here the timetable of departures to and from the airport.
Option 3 (by taxi): If you decide to take taxi, a standard journey during daytime will cost you approximately between €15 and €20.
Option 4 (rent a car at the airport): For those who prefer exploring the city by themselves but want to avoid public transport, car rental companies like Firefly and Rhodium offer their services at the airport. To avoid being left without the car, book them online.