The 12th Edition of CHItaly, the biannual Conference of the Italian SIGCHI Chapter, will be held from 18th to 20th of September 2017 in Cagliari. The Chapter is an active community that brings together people working on the design, evaluation, and implementation of interactive computing systems for human use. The CHItaly traditional meeting is widening its scope to other HCI communities “Towards the Mediterranean”, which is the theme of this edition. The official language of the conference is English.
Starting from Sardinia, the island in the center of our beautiful sea, we would like to reach and involve in this event HCI groups outside Italy, in order to share research and innovations and to set a broader community at the Mediterranean level.
CHItaly 2017 offers a wide variety of tracks to suit all types of interests. They will include full and short research papers, posters, industry presentations, panels, workshops, tutorials, and a doctoral consortium. As well achieved by the preceding editions, the aim is to be inclusive and foster development of innovative work in HCI.
May 21: Workshops proposal
- June 11: Long and short papers submission (extended)
- June 15: Doctoral consortium (extended)
- July 10: Review notification (long and short papers, doctoral consortium)
- July 10: Early registration opens
- July 16: Demo and posters submission
- August 1: Demo and posters review notification
- August 11: Early registration closes
- September 18: Workshops and doctoral consortium
- September 19-20: Main conference
Submit a paper
Papers must be submitted online through EasyChair:
- MICHEL BEAUDOUIN-LAFON, Towards Unified Principles of Interaction
- MARIANNA OBRIST, Mastering the Senses in HCI: Towards Multisensory Interfaces
Information and instructions for submitting a paper to the Doctoral Consortium are available.