AsubL (Algebra & Substructural Logics- Take 6) is a workshop on algebraic structures related to substructural logics. It is the sixth in the series and it will be held in Cagliari, Italy on June 11th – 13th 2018 as an event in the framework of SYSMICS: SYntax meets Semantics:
Methods, Interactions, and Connections in Substructural logics, and hosted by Università degli studi di Cagliari, Dipartimento di Pedagogia, Psicologia e Filosofia.
The venue of the workshop will be Polo Umanistico “Sa Duchessa”, located in a central and easily reachable place in the centre of Cagliari.
Substructural logics, named thus because when formulated as Gentzen systems they lack one or more structural rules, have been intensively studied over the past two decades by logicians of various persuasions, mathematicians and computer scientists. While classical logic generally formalises the notion of truth, substructural logics allow to handle notions such as resources, vagueness, meaning, and language syntax, motivated by studies in computer science, epistemology, economy, and linguistics. Moreover, from a theoretical point of view, substructural logics provide a refined perspective of classical logic, since the former often exhibit features which are either absent or trivialised in the classical case. Universal algebraic methods have proved useful in providing a unifying framework for these investigations: surprisingly, not only for the semantical aspects, but for the proof theory as well.
Previous AsubL workshops have played an important role in these developments. We hope this take will be ispiring and enjoyable as previous appointments.
- AsubL take 1 (10-14 November 1999). Organised by Hiroakira Ono and Tomasz Kowalski. Held at Japan Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST). Proceedings published in Reports on Mathematical Logic, as a special issue, vol. 34, 2000.
- AsubL take 2 (12-14 November 2002). Organised by Hiroakira Ono and Tomasz Kowalski. Hosted by (JAIST), held at Bogakuen lodge ( 望岳苑 ) in Shiramine/Hakusan area. Proceedings published in Studia Logica, as two special issues: vol. 76, no.2, 2004 and vol. 77, no.2, 2004.
- AsubL take 3 (6-8 November 2006). Organised by Hiroakira Ono and Andrzej Wroński. Held at Department of Logic of theJagiellonian University. Proceedings published in Reports on Mathematical Logic, as a special issue: vol. 43, 2008.
- AsubL take 4 (8-10 June 2010). Organised by Hiroakira Ono and Constantine Tsinakis. Hosted by JAIST; held at Ishikawa Hightech Center.
- AsubL take 5 (13-16 December 2014). Organized by Tomasz Kowalski. Hosted by La Trobe University, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, held at Franklin Street Campus.
Further information about previous editions of AsubL can be found here.