Piero Cosseddu, PhD
DIEE – University of Cagliari
Piazza d’Armi – 09123 CAGLIARI (Italy)
Tel. +39 070 675 5769
Piero Cosseddu graduated in Electronic Engineering in 2003 and obtained his Ph.D. in Electronic and Computer Science Engineering in 2007 at the University of Cagliari. From May 2007 to March 2010 he worked as post-doctoral fellow at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the University of Cagliari, afterwards, from March 2010 to March 2012 he was recipient of a 2 years Young Researcher grant funded by Regione Autonoma della Sardegna.
In 2008 he has founded a company called TechOnYou S.r.l., focused on the development of innovative systems for medical monitoring and healthcare, robotics and biotechnologies, where he has been employed from 2012 to 2014 as Project Manager. In October 2015 he joined DIEE as Associate Professor, teaching “Electronic Devices” (5 CFU) in the course of Biomedial Engineering (Bachelor Degree) and “Technologies for Advanced Electronic Devices” (7 CFU) in the course of Electronic Engineering (Master Degree).
His research activity has been mainly focused on the field of Organic Electronics with particular attention towards the design, fabrication and characterization of organic semiconductor based devices on flexible plastic substrates, as Organic Field Effect Transistor (OFET), Organic Electrochemical Transistor (OECT), Non volatile Memory Elements. In particular, he has been involved in the development, using the above mentioned technology, innovative sensing systems for different application areas, such bio-chemical sensors, wearable electronics and artificial skin.
Piero Cosseddu is author or co-author of more than 60 international publications considering book chapters, peer reviewed international journals, and peer reviewed international conference proceedings. He also holds one international patent.
- A. Spanu, S. Lai, P. Cosseddu, M. Tedesco, S. Martinoia, A. Bonifglio “An organic transistor-based system for reference-less electrophysiological monitoring of excitable cells” Sc. Reports 5, 8807, 2015
- G. Casula, P. Cosseddu, Y. Busby, J. J. Pireaux, M. Rosowski, B. Tkacz Szczesna, K. Soliwoda, G. Celichowski, J. Grobelny, J. Novák, R. Banerjee, F. Schreiber, A. Bonfiglio, “Air-stable, non-volatile resistive memory based on hybrid organic/inorganic nanocomposites” Org. Electr. 18, 17-23, 2015
- P. Cosseddu, S. Lai, G. Casula, L. Raffo, A. Bonfiglio, “High performance, foldable, organic memories based on ultra-low voltage, thin film transistors” Org. Electr. 15, 3595-3600, 2014
- P. Cosseddu, F. Viola, S. Lai, L. Raffo, A. Bonfiglio, “A Temperature Transducer Based on a Low- Voltage Organic Thin-Film Transistor Detecting Pyroelectric Effect” IEEE Electr. Dev. Lett. 35, 1296-1298, 2014
- P. Cosseddu, G. Tiddia, S. Milita, A. Bonfiglio, “Continuous tuning of the mechanical sensitivity of Pentacene OTFTs on flexible substrates: from strain sensors to deformable transistors”, Org. Electr. 14, 206-211 (2013)
- S. Lai, M. Demelas, G. Casula, P. Cosseddu, M. Barbaro e A. Bonfiglio, “Ultra-Low Voltage, OTFT-Based Sensor for Label-Free DNA Detection” Adv. Mater. 25, 103-107 (2013)
- P. Cosseddu, S. Lai, M. Barbaro and A. Bonfiglio “Ultra-low voltage, organic thin film transistors fabricated on plastic substrates by a highly reproducible process” Appl. Phys. Lett. 100, 093305 (2012)
- G. Mattana, P. Cosseddu, B. Fraboni, G. G. Malliaras, J. Hinestroza, and A. Bonfiglio “Organic Electronics on Natural Cotton Fibres” Org. Electron 12, 2033-2036 (2011)
- L. Basiricò, P. Cosseddu, B. Fraboni, A. Bonfiglio “Inkjet printing of transparent, flexible, organic transistors” Thin Solid Films 520, 1291-1294 (2011)
- P. Cosseddu, J.-O. Vogel, B. Fraboni, J. P. Rabe, N. Koch, A. Bonfiglio, “Continuous tuning of Organic Transistor operation from Enhancement to Depletion Mode”, Adv. Mater., Vol. 21, Issue 3, Pages: 344-348 (2009)
- P. Cosseddu, A. Bonfiglio, I. Salzmann, J. P. Rabe and N. Koch, “Ambipolar transport in transparent and flexible all-organic heterojunction field effect transistors at ambient conditions” Org. Electron. 9, 191-197 (2008)
- M. Maccioni, E. Orgiu, P. Cosseddu, S. Locci and A. Bonfiglio, “Towards the textile transistor: Assembly and characterization of an organic field effect transistor with a cylindrical geometry”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 89, 143515 (2006)
- P. Cosseddu and A. Bonfiglio, “Soft Lithography Fabrication of Bottom Contact and Top Contact all organic Field Effect Transistors”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 88, 023506 (2006)