Giulia Casula, PhD
DIEE – University of Cagliari
Piazza d’Armi – 09123 CAGLIARI (Italy)
Tel. +39 070 675 5769
Giulia Casula obtained the M.Sc. Degree in Electronics Engineering in 2011 at the University of Cagliari, discussing the thesis “Fabrication and characterization of low voltage sensors in organic technology for the DNA hybridization detection”. She joined the DEALAB Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering as Ph.D. student in 2012. She received the Ph.D. in Electronics and Computer Science in 2015 discussing the thesis “Non-volatile organic memory devices: from design to applications”. From April 2015, she has been working as Postdoctoral Research Assistant.
Her research interests involve the development, fabrication and characterization of non-volatile organic memory devices. She was involved in the project HYMEC (FP7/2007-2013, Grant Agreement n. 263073), and her research activity was mainly focused on the development of new non-volatile hybrid organic/inorganic memory elements.
- Demelas, S. Lai, G. Casula, E. Scavetta, M. Barbaro, A. Bonfiglio, “An organic, charge-modulated field effect transistor for DNA detection”, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, vol. 171-172, pp. 198-203, 2012;
- S. Lai, M. Demelas, G. Casula, P. Cosseddu, M. Barbaro, A. Bonfiglio, “Ultralow Voltage, OTFT‐Based Sensor for Label‐Free DNA Detection”, Advanced Materials vol. 25 (1), pp. 103-107, 2013;
- P. Cosseddu, S. Lai, G. Casula, L. Raffo, A. Bonfiglio, “High performance, foldable, organic memories based on ultra-low voltage, thin film transistors”, Organic Electronics, vol. 15(12), pp. 3595-3600, 2014;
- G. Casula, P. Cosseddu, Y. Busby, J.-J. Pireaux, M. Rosowski, B. Tkacz Szczesna, K. Soliwoda, G. Celichowski, J. Grobelny, J. Novák, R. Banerjee, F. Schreiber, A. Bonfiglio, “Air-stable, non-volatile resistive memory based on hybrid organic/inorganic nanocomposites“, Organic Electronics, Volume 18, March 2015, Pages 17-23, ISSN 1566-1199
- M. Girleanu, G. Casula, C. Blanck, M. Schmutz, C. Contal, N. Kayunkid, P. Cosseddu, A. Bonfiglio, O. Ersen, M. Brinkmann, “Controlling the Growth of Silver Nanoparticles on Thin Films of an n-type Molecular Semiconductor”, J. Phys. Chem. C 119 (23), pp 13115–13123, 2015;
- G. Casula, P. Cosseddu, A. Bonfiglio, “Integration of an Organic Resistive Memory with a Pressure-Sensitive Element on a Fully Flexible Substrate“, Adv. Electron. Mater. 1, 12 (2015)
- G. Casula, B. Tkacz-Szczesna, Y. Busby, K. Ranoszek-Soliwoda, E. Tomaszewska, G. Celichowski, J. Grobelny, J.-J. Pireaux, P. Cosseddu, A. Bonfiglio, “Printed Nonvolatile Resistive Memories Based on a Hybrid Organic/Inorganic Functional Ink”, Adv. Mater. Technol., 2, 1700058, 2017
- S. Lai, G. Casula, Piero Cosseddu, L. Basiricò, A. Ciavatti, F. D’Annunzio, C. Loussert, V. Fischer, B. Fraboni, M. Barbaro, A. Bonfiglio, “A plastic electronic circuit based on low voltage, organic thin-film transistors for monitoring the X-Ray checking history of luggage in airports“, Organic Electronics 58, July 2018, Pages 263-269
- M.Virili, G.Casula, C. Mariotti, G. Orecchini, F. Alimenti, P. Cosseddu, P. Mezzanotte, A. Bonfiglio, L. Roselli, “7.5–15 MHz organic frequency doubler made with pentacene-based diode and paper substrate” Microwave Symposium (IMS), 2014 IEEE MTT-S International, pp. 1-4
- P. Cosseddu, G. Casula, S. Lai, A. Bonfiglio, “Flexible non-volatile memory devices based on organic semiconductors“, Proc. SPIE 9569, Printed Memory and Circuits, 956906 (17 September 2015); doi: 10.1117/12.2187537
- P. Cosseddu, G. Casula, S. Lai, S. Conti, A. Bonfiglio, “Towards all inkjet printed electronics”, Proc. SPIE 10366, Hybrid Memory Devices and Printed Circuits 2017, 1036607, doi: 10.1117/12.2274002
- S. Lai, G. Casula, P. Cosseddu, A. Bonfiglio, M. Barbaro, F. D’Annunzio, C. Loussert, L. Basiricò, A. Ciavatti, B. Fraboni, V. Fischer, “All-Polymer Integrated Circuit for Monitoring the X-Ray Checking History of Luggages“, Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), 2018 IEEE International Symposium on, 2018/5/27
- Y. Busby, A. Franquet, V. Spampinato, G. Casula, A. Bonfiglio, P. Cosseddu, J.-J. Pireaux, L. Houssiau, “Combined AFM and ToF-SIMS analyses for the study of filaments in organic resistive switching memories“, Organic and Hybrid Sensors and Bioelectronics XI. Vol. 10738. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2018.